Technologies of television-radio broadcasting satellite network construction
For the operation of the National television-radio broadcasting satellite system in Republic Kazakhstan there are three technical centers in Almaty, Astana and Uralsk.
It is fulfilling the following tasks:
- Distribution of the state and commercial television and radio programs on a network of radio transmitters and networks of cable operators;
- Distribution of regional television radio programs;
- Organization of space bridges, videoconferences and video transmittings;
- Rendering services of multichannel paid TV.
Modernization of a network, as a result of which are achieved the following results:
- Purchasing, installation and launching into pre-production operation coding equipment and multiplexing equipment of new DVB-S2/MPEG-4 standard in the technical centers of Almaty, Astana and Uralsk;
- For observance of copyrights and closing of access to a paid package of direct TV has been purchased and installed a system of conditional access of the NDS company;
- For network subscribers and tariffing of services account of direct TV was purchased a system of billing.
- For existing subscribers the replacement of the reception equipment was provided
As a result of modernization it has become possible:
- To Considerably increase the quantity of relayed physical channels;
- To use a satellite resource more efficiently;
- To provide reception of the Kazakhstan programs in any point of the republic in the form of the obligatory popular package without a user’s payment (basically for the population which have been not covered by ground tele-radio broadcasting);
- To realize smooth transfer of a ground network of a radio broadcasting to the digital standard according to the signed agreement «Zheneva-06» which has defined 2015 final for transition from analog to a digital broadcasting for the countries – participants of the agreement, the list includes the Republic of Kazakhstan.
- To organize broadcasting of television channels of high clearness (HD);
To develop a commercial network of direct TV.